Using the content on this website
Information made available on this website (hereinafter referred to as ”Content”) may be freely used, copied, publicly transmitted, translated or otherwise modified on condition that the user complies with provisions 1) to 6) below. Commercial use of Content is also permitted.
1) Source citation
- The user must cite the source when using the Content. Sources should be cited in the following manner:
(Example of source citation)
- Source: National Police Agency of Japan website (URL of the relevant page)
- Source: Trends in XX and Current Situation of XX (National Police Agency of Japan) (URL of the relevant page)
- If you have edited the Content for use, you must include a statement expressing that the content has been edited, in addition to the abovementioned source citation. The edited Content should not be represented or used in such a way to make it appear that it was created by the Government of Japan (or its ministries and/or agencies).
(Example of citation when using edited content)
- Created by editing Trends in XX and Current Situation of XX (National Police Agency of Japan) (URL of the relevant page)
- Created by Company YY based on Trends in XX and Current Situation of XX (National Police Agency of Japan) (URL of the relevant page)
2) No infringement of third party rights
- In some cases, a third party (refers to a party other than the state. Hereinafter referred to as ”Third Party”) may hold copyrights or other rights to a part of the Content. For Content whose copyrights or other rights belong to a Third Party (e.g. portrait rights in a photograph, publicity rights, etc.), it is the responsibility of the user to obtain consent for use from the Third Party unless there is explicit indication that the rights have already been cleared.
- If a Third Party holds rights to a part of the Content, said fact may be directly or indirectly stated or indicated through source citations, but in some cases the part of the Content whose rights belong to a Third Party may not be clear or may not be explicitly stated. It is the responsibility of the user to confirm the rights pertaining to use of the Content.(Please refer to Notes for the example of an indication showing that the rights belong to a Third Party.)
- Even if a Third Party holds copyrights to the Content, some use of the Content, such as quoting, may be allowed without the consent of the copyright holder, under the Copyright Act of Japan.
- Symbol mark, Logo, and Character Design which represent an organization or specific business
4) Governing law and jurisdiction
- The state bears absolutely no responsibility for any action taken by the user involving the use of the Content (including use of information based on edited Content).
- The Content may be modified, moved or deleted without prior notice.
1) Example of an indication showing that the rights belong to a Third Party
”XX Report” Created by ZZ
*This report cannot be copied or reproduced without the permission of ZZ.
[Image/poster within this website] Offered by ZZ
*Reproduction of a part or whole of this text without permission is forbidden, with exceptions allowed under the Copyright Act of Japan.
(ZZ: Any organization or party other than National Police Agency of Japan)