1. The basics
The Public Relations Office collects information about our website visitors to help us to improve the Services we offer (e.g., publication of information and reception of suggestions from the public) on our Website (hereafter “this website”). The collected information will be handled appropriately in accordance with the purpose of use in this policy.
2. Information we collect
- You can submit suggestions/comments via the “Suggestion Box” on this website. The entry of your personal details such as name, age, and e-mail address is voluntary.
- When you submit public comments or suggestions about specific affairs or send inquiries to the e-mail address “… @npa.go.jp”, you may be requested to provide your personal details such as name, age, e-mail address, address, and phone number.
Please note that when you send suggestions to us via e-mail, not via the contact form on this website, your e-mail address will be disclosed to us on the e-mail.
3. Purpose of use
- The information we receive in the manner described in 2.1. above will be used to help us to improve our Services we offer on this website.
- The suggestions we receive in the manner described in 2.2. and 2.3. will be used to help us to manage policing operations and develop policies. For these purposes, the information we receive may be forwarded to responsible divisions in the National Police Agency, relevant prefectural police departments and/or relevant ministries/agencies depending on the content of the submitted information. We may also use your personal details such as name, e-mail address, address, and phone number to respond to your inquiries and/or suggestions.
4. Limited use and disclosure
We will not use and disclose to third parties the collected information for other reasons than those described in 3. unless we are required to respond to lawful requests or address illegal conducts such as unauthorized intrusion into our system and blackmail or other special incidents.
But we may disclose the statistical aggregate information regarding your use of our Services on this website.
5. Safeguarding your information
We take reasonable and appropriate measures to protect the collected information from disclosure, loss and destruction.
Public Relations Office, General Affairs Division, Commissioner General’s Secretariat, National Police Agency of Japan
2-1-2 Kasumigaseki Chiyoda-ku Tokyo Japan 100-8974